Monday, April 21, 2008

Online dog musher

I keep forgetting to post this video from , Martina Carriere, an online learner at edcentre.ca.


Here's a short introduction from Martina:
" I am sixteen years old and I live on my trap line. I am taking this course because it suits my life the best. I can take my school wherever I want to be. I find this course to be very flexible. The only problem I have is not getting near a computer enough. So I go back and fourth with my mom who is working in the Pas, and my dad who is keeping the trap line. I could stay out at my trap line all the time, but I have to be near a computer for school.
My trap line is beautiful. In the winter I drive my twenty sled dogs and in the summer I can go swimming out in my front yard, which is the Saskatchewan River. Also in the summers I keep active by canoe racing. It’s how I make money for the year. Anyways that’s a little about my life for now. "


Martina completed the 2008 Challenge Sled dog race from Prince Albert to La Ronge and area this year. (I don't think they were the pups in the video.)
Thanks Martina!

No comments: