Monday, October 25, 2010

Times are a Changin'

In case you haven't heard, math in Saskatchewan is currently being revamped and renovated. In our province we are moving toward a two streamed approach; Trades Math and Foundations Math. Just like the name implies, the Trades Math deals with math concepts that are applied in the trades employment fields and day to day consumer math. Foundations Math is the precursor to Calculus and is more of an abstract course.

I have the unique opportunity to develop courses that have never been taught before. I am like the Mike Holmes of math development and like his motto "Makin' It Right" implies, I too am wanting to make it right. Therefore, I extend my hand out to you. If you are experienced in a trade or other math related profession and would like to lend your expertise or suggestions, I would very much appreciate it; or maybe you know of a person currently working in the field and can pass on the invitation. Any feedback would greatly enhance the course for the edcentre.ca students who are currently enrolled or who plan to enroll in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Murfin

No comments: