WARNING!!! With spring well underway it may be far too easy to forget about completing our online learning program. However, keep in mind that our tentative course completion deadline of May 31st is only 5 weeks away... It is important to realize that putting off your course means that a longer amount of time lapses, resulting in less time and opportunity for you to achieve your goal of success. In order to change this, our edcentre team offers the following 6 tips to change that darn procrastination in your online learning.
1. Schedule Your Time – Time management is essential if you want to avoid procrastination. Schedule your lesson and course completion goals on a calendar and most importantly - stick to this schedule.
2. Tackle Your Most Challenging Tasks – Check your daily calendar "daily" to make sure you stay on schedule. Complete the most important or hardest tasks first, then go onto other tasks.
3. Exercise Flexibility – Do not get discouraged if you fall behind schedule. Simply re-visit your calendar (step 1) and adjust accordingly taking into account the amount of time you can spend per day on the class. Remember, light does exist at the end of the tunnel... You just need to see it from a distance and orient towards it.
4. Prepare Ahead of Time – Before you start your daily lessons, it is important to determine both how much time you can put towards the lesson and what outcomes you need to achieve after completing the lesson. Your teacher will most likely have a link to or included in the lesson the online goals... Make certain you use this as a both a guide to what you will be learning, as well as a review of what has been learned at the lesson completion. Being prepared will allow you to stay on track and accomplish all of your educational, personal, and career goals.
5. Reward Yourself – It is important to reward yourself for a job well done. Give yourself a break and do something YOU want to do... Go for a run, watch a show, visit a friend... Just relax and embrace the fact that YOU are on the road to success.
6. Showcase Confidence – It is crucial to stay away from negative thoughts. Negative thoughts will remind you why you procrastinated in the first place. Remember to constantly remind yourself of the end result and the accomplished feeling you will have once it is complete.