Monday, January 18, 2010

Counting Our Blessings

I was watching CBC footage about the relief efforts in Haiti today during my lunch hour. It quickly dawned on me that I should be thankful I am able to eat lunch and have such structure in my life. The current devastation and chaos is overwhelming for the hospitals and relief efforts Haiti. At this moment there are still people who do not know if family members have survived.

A group of B.C. high school students recently returned home from an International volunteer trip to Haiti. They had arrived 45 minutes before the earthquake hit. It will be interesting to follow these young people and their efforts at home in seeking disaster relief. It is really a marvel how the Internet has been used to get messages and information out.
Emails were sent to the local paper at home requesting assistance in getting out of the country.


No comments: